Cambridge’s first cohousing community
We are delighted to announce that 75% of our build is sold, and members are moving in!
If you don’t want to miss this fantastic opportunity to join a cohousing build, get in touch now!
Cambridge Cohousing members are the residents of Marmalade Lane, Cambridge’s first cohousing community just completed in Orchard Park, Cambridge. Forty-two homes ranging from one bedroom apartments to four bedroom homes are now ready for occupation!
The homes are designed by the award-winning architect Meredith Bowles and his team at Mole Architects and the site developed by a Swedish company, Trivselhus, in partnership with Jonny Anstead & Neil Murphy of developers TOWN.
Being part of a cohousing community means that your home come with so much more; the opportunity to be part of a self-managing community with shared facilities, a shared intention to live in a more sustainable way, a shared garden and productive area, a workshop and gym, and a ‘Common House’ where community members can regularly eat and meet together. It also includes three guest bedrooms and an extensive a range of other facilities – laundry, kids playroom, lounge area and two amenity rooms.
With only 21 cohousing communities in the UK, this is a rare opportunity. Our growing multi generational community of residents are of all ages and are either currently resident in Cambridge or have moved to the area specifically to be part of our adventure.
There are a few three and four bedroom houses available to purchase and two one bedroom apartments. One beautiful four bedroom house, owned by a member, is available to rent!
If you want to find more about cohousing and the homes available then:
- visit the Marmalade Lane website
- take a look at the Cohousing UK network website
- take a look at the homes available for purchase on Rightmove
- contact us for more information, and most importantly meet us. Become part of something that will transform the way you live!
- keep up to date with our community as it grows by visiting Facebook and Twitter for news, videos and photos.
- Listen to a Podcast with Jan Chadwick by House Planning Help
Is this for you?
- be actively involved in creating our new sustainable community
- own a new-build home that is well designed and built, green and economic to run
- participate and contribute to community activities
What to do next?
- You can find out more about us on the About K1 page.
- Listen to an interview with long-standing member Miranda here.
- If you have questions, please check the Questions and answers page.
- To explore further, please contact us.
- To join the K1 project, please see the Joining K1 page.